Qualfications & Fee
You can start the volunteer program in Nepal on any date of your choice throughout the year. The program is from 2 weeks up to 20 weeks.
Mamata Volunteers does not accept all applicants to our program. Volunteers with us must be self motivated and truly dedicated to making a difference. Below are basic requirements we ask of all applicants:
Qualifications / Skills needed to join: [Applicants should have]
A desire to help the people and environment of Nepal or India.
An openness to a new culture and a willingness to learn
Minimum Education: High School
Language Requirement: English
Age range: 18 or over.
This program is open to World Wide participants. This program is also open to couples.
Typical living arrangement: Home-stays / hostels / own room renting arrangements.
Participants typically travel to Nepal: independently.
Typically participants work: independently
The costs of the program are as follows:
• Cost for 2 weeks will be US $ 497.00
• Cost for 1 month will be US $ 677.00
• Cost for 2 months will be US $ 777.00
• Cost for 3 months will be US $ 897.00
• Cost for 4 months will be US $ 997.00
• Cost for 5 months will be US $ 1097.00
The program fee covers
• Pretrip Guide
• Phone Support and Guidance by experts
• Assistance with Visa Process
Airport pickup and drop off
Upon the receipt of the flight information we will meet you at the airport in Katmandu and drop you off at the airport at the end of the program..
You will stay in a homestay or at the project. During the training you will stay in a guesthouse.
All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) are included, during first 2 days of training only breakfast and lunch is included.
Training, Basic Nepali Language Course and Orientation.
We will take you to the different projects the first time. After that volunteers are responsible for daily transportation to and from their projects.
Regular support, placement visit and supervision
• Guidance with Extra Sightseeing
• 24-hour Support
• Letters of Reference / Certificate
What's Not Included in Your Program Fee
• International Airfare and Visa fee
• Medical Bills
• Daily Transport to Volunteer Location
• Transport from Volunteer Location to capital city
• Accommodations last night in country
• Airport Drop off
• Internet Access
• Phone calls / Mobile Phone
• Extra Sightseeing / tour / trek
• Meals outside Host Family
We offer extra tour , trek, or sigtseeing tour of Nepal, Tibet, Bhuatn or India through our sister concern ( www.enepaltrekking.com) in very reasonable price ( specailly discounted for our volunteers) , please ask us for fullrange of options / itineraries.
Tourist Visa for Nepal
Multiple entry 15 days - USD 25.00
Multiple entry 30 days - USD 40.00
Multiple entry 90 days - USD 100.00
Tourist Visa Extension
Visa extension fee for 15 days or less is US $ 30
and visa extension fee for more than 15 days is US$ 2 per day.
Tourist visa can be extended for a maximum period of 150 days in a single visa year (January – December).